Monday, March 22, 2010

Bachelor of Fine Arts Exhibit

Rising - 22x30Waiting-Temptation-In The Home - 22x30Redemption-Connection-Perception-Lost Childhood-Devotion - 22x30Invitation-BFA was such a great experience. Thanks to everyone that helped throughout the process. As you can see above these are all my prints for the BFA show. My artist statement read,
Being a religious person, I am always wondering how I can express my feelings to others while not offending or bombarding them with too much information. I feel I can be most effective through symbolism. If a person is inspired by my work they may seek out a greater knowledge of what I am trying to portray.
Throughout my life I have been inspired by art. It is what makes me function. The thought of creating something with my own two hands gives me enjoyment.
Composition is one of the hardest things to master. So I think it is nice to work in abstractions because you are not limited by reality. You have free rein to work out the composition.
If you haven't already checked out Carla Jimison's Blog please do she wrote a nice blog about me working on some of my prints.

6 comments:

Pricing Guide said...

this was the best thing I have ever seen; In my life.

Chris Moulton said...

Well that is awesome! I am really glad you came and had a good time.

KarleighJae said...

Great Work Chris. Wish I could come see it in person. I'm so glad you've put them on your blog though. I'd love to know the sizes of these. Have you done an edition of these? Are you selling them online?

Jilliann M said...

Chris, They are wonderful. Mom

Jilliann M said...

Chris, I wish I could have gotten up there for the show the prints and frames look great you did a wonderful job on the project. Mom

Miranda said...

I like how you were all good and then I leave for like a year and then see your work and I am like blown away. Wow you really have grown. Devotion is my favorite!